MAKE SAFETY A PART OF YOUR COMPANY CULTURE
The STEP (Safety Training and Evaluation Process) Awards were designed for contractors by contractors to audit your existing safety practices and elevate them to the next step. The ABC STEP Awards is national program, which analyzes contractors on their safety processes and policies.
The achievement of different levels of STEP (e.g. Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze) showcases your dedication to safety to clients and fellow contractors.
ABC Eastern Pa. Chapter strongly encourages all contractor members to commit their companies to world-class safety. No matter where you are in your safety development, participation in STEP is essential to you and your employees.
The ABC Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter has partnered with area OSHA offices in Allentown, Philadelphia, and Wilkes-Barre and the Pennsylvania OSHA Consultation Program at Indiana University of Pennsylvania to support our members as they improve their safety practices. Our mutual goal is to ensure ABC members are committed to provide a safe and healthful work environment for their employees working in Pennsylvania and beyond.
Join many fellow ABC members to reduce TRIR, improve STEP Award performance, and increase participation in OSHA campaigns (e.g. Focus Four, National Stand Down to Prevent Falls in Construction, Safe + Sound Event, etc.)
If your company is a 2020 or 2021 STEP Awards Winner and interested in participating in the ABC-OSHA Partnership, then contact the chapter office at email@example.com
ON-SITE & COMPANY SAFETY CONSULTING SERVICES
Consulting Services Tailored to Your Company’s Needs
ABC highly qualified and experienced safety consulting team can deliver a comprehensive array of services to support your company’s safety efforts. We’ll customize our expertise to the size and needs of your company, with a flexible list of services that includes all these and more.
Confined Space Pre-Plans & Assessments
ABC provides qualified personnel capable of evaluating your workplace to determine if any spaces meet the requirements found in OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.146 (General Industry) and 29 CFR 1926.1200 (Confined Space in Construction) Permit-required Confined Space standard. Evaluations include workplace reviews, pre-plan development, and site recommendations.
Safety Gap Analysis is a tool used to identify compliance with the OSHA General Industry and Construction administrative regulatory requirements. ABC will identify opportunities for improvement while evaluating the current status of compliance for both short and long term projects.
Thinking of establishing a safety committee? ABC can monitor and assist your company’s safety and health program from development, training and maintenance. We can even participate in your monthly meetings.
Workplace Safety and Health Hazard Assessments
Our consultants are not only trained to recognize workplace safety and health hazards but also can offer expertise in improving the efficiency of the workplace. We will send a trainer to your workplace to conduct a detailed hazard assessment and also send a follow up report with their findings afterwards with instructions on how to abate the hazards.
OTHER CONSULTING SERVICES
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 14001 Certification Assistance
- Corporate Safety Appraisal
- Written Safety Manual Review
- Safety Perception Survey
- Incident Analysis
- Site Visits
- OSHA Inspection Assistance (onsite & informal process)
- Incident Investigation/Emergency Response
- Written Safety Policy/Program Development & Review
- MSHA Training Guide
- Project-Specific Safety Plan (EM 385 too)
- Recordkeeping Assistance (300 log, insurance paperwork, file system setup, etc.)
- Technical Resource for Safety Related Questions
- Industrial Hygiene Monitoring (noise/air sampling)
- DOT Safety Services (Mock Audits, Program Development, & Recordkeeping Assistance)
- Update of Accident Prevention Program
- Update of Company Substance Abuse Program
- Development of Employee Safety Handbook
- OSHA Compliance Representation, Mediation and Mitigation
- Confined Space Entry Rescue Services
- Ergonomic Assessments & Training
- Arc Flash Assessments & Training