- This event has passed.
Getting Paid: Legal Strategies to Protect the Right to Payment
November 7 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am$25.00 – $50.00
Description: This presentation will describe the legal, practical, and contractual measures contractors can take during bidding, contracting, performance, and after completion to secure payment rights and enhance the likelihood that they will be promptly paid for the work. Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
- Understanding and avoiding killer contract clauses related to payment rights.
- How to preserve, protect, and employ lien and payment bond rights and remedies.
- Techniques for successful collection actions.
- To understand strategies at every phase of a project to protect payment rights;
- To understand and utilize contract provisions and language related to payment rights;
- To be able to employ lien and payment bond rights and remedies; and,
- To obtain specific payment and contractual language to incorporate into bids and contracts for future projects.
Seminar hosted by ABC Eastern PA Member
HENDRICK PHILLIPS SALZMAN & SIEGEL, P.C.
Cancellation Policy: Registration is financially binding unless cancelled 1 week prior to the date of the class/event.
Read ABC East's Payment and Refund Policy