- This event has passed.
Common Sense Documentation to Cover Your A**
February 21 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am$25.00 – $50.00
This presentation will identify and discuss the key documentation practices a contractor should put in place to protect its interests, minimize its risk of claims, and to maximize its success when seeking additional time and compensation for changes, delays, and impacts.
- Identify standard terms and conditions of a construction contract that require a contractor to document events on a project and provide notice;
- Provide simple standard form template language that can be used to satisfy contractual documentation requirements and avoid contractual pitfalls;
- Discuss how standard construction project documentation tools can be best utilized to insulate a contractor from risk;
- Discuss how a construction attorney views and uses project documentation to understand how standard documentation is utilized in the defense and prosecution of claims; and,
- Provide practical guidance on how to effectively document events and circumstances that arise on a construction project to maximize a contractor’s chance of success in defending against and in prosecuting claims.
Presenter Information: Construction attorney and ABC Member J.T. Gallagher of Hendrick, Phillips, Salzman & Siegel, P.C. began working in construction in the Lehigh Valley as a plumber’s helper during high school and has been working in the industry ever since. After obtaining his B.S. in Building Construction from the University of Florida and working for several years in construction project management, J.T. obtained his J.D., with honors, from Emory University School of Law. He now specializes in complex construction litigation and utilizes his industry experience to effectively represents contractors, subcontractors, specialty trade contractors, design professionals, and owners in relation to all aspects of public and private construction projects.
Cancellation Policy: Registration is financially binding unless cancelled 1 week prior to the date of the class/event.
Read ABC East's Payment and Refund Policy